Willie's Steak House opened as a small restaurant on Center Street in Manchester in 1944. Owner Willie Oleksinski originally just operated a tavern seating about 100, but Willie’s evolved to accommodate more than 700 people at a time in the dining rooms and banquet facilities. In 1949, it became the first restaurant in the state to have a television at the bar, where patrons would enjoy sporting events - especially boxing. Best known for its prime rib and “hip steak,” people came from all over the state to enjoy a meal, attend a banquet, or even stay at Willie’s Motel. Willie’s closed in 2005, and the building was demolished in 2010.